Monday 29 June 2009

Storm

The stormy conditions during the week resulted in low running mileage. Skipped my usual Wednesday morning run, and replaced it with some strength exercises in my living room. Friday morning's weather was slightly better, managed to squeeze in a 10km run in 42:38 before it started raining again.

It continued to pour during the weekend, with squally conditions and gusty winds. It has been two weeks since I rode my bike due to the rain. Next week would be my 3rd week off the bike, as I taper for the Perth Marathon.

My final 20km run planned on Sunday had to be shelved. I did two sets of 20 minute runs on the treadmill instead, averaging 14.4kph.

On the fun side, we played bowling with some work mates on Saturday as part of our social club event. Response were pretty poor though, the organizer had to invite some family friends and their children to make up the numbers. I just realised how bad I am at bowling. Li-Ann played much better than I did.

We watched Transformers 2 on Sunday. Very visual movie. Slightly lacking on the script. After a while, the action and the camera works got a bit tiring on the eyes. Shia LaBeouf is a pretty good actor. I still don't see what the big deal is with Megan Fox.

I've received my race bib in the mail, for this Sunday's marathon. It seems to becoming a trend for me to be getting less auspicious numbers from the organizers, WA Marathon Club. Looking forward to a sub 3:20 finish, despite the slight damper of the past week's low running mileage.

2 comments:

EnAikAY said...

Go for it bro! With the amount of hard work you've put in your training, i'm sure you can do even better than 3:20.

All the best!

Kevin Siah said...

Many thanks, Nik! Will keep you posted on the good news this weekend.