Sunday 28 June 2009

The gloved one

As we all now know, the tragic news about the death of Michael Jackson hit us just before the weekend. I was quite a Michael Jackson fan since I was a kid. I grew up to many of his songs. Smooth Criminal was my favourite.

My dad recalled vividly that when I was a child, at pasar malam, as the cassette tape sellers played his songs out loud on the radio, I used to dance up and down, along the congested pasar malam street. Trying to mimick his moves (though not very successfully).

And in high school, we staged many dances and plays based on his songs. I remember performing the following at our Leo Club installation. I also tried to mimick his moves then. This time slightly more successful. But there can only be ONE Michael Jackson.



Long live the King of Pop!

No comments: