Saturday 14 April 2007

Mama...

"Aiyo, so thin already..."

"Don't over train lah..."

"Don't be so stingy, buy yourself more rice to eat..."

"SMS me when you reach home, okay?"

Sounds familiar? My swimming coach once said after I dropped him off at his place after a night session that I should return home quickly, so that my mother would not worry. I said that I'm such a big boy already. He replied saying that no matter how grown up I am, my mother would still worry...

It's mum's 51st birthday tomorrow. Here's to wishing my mum a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Unlike many other teachers' children in my school (lil' sis included, hehheh), I'm very glad that mum was with me in my school. I never viewed it as having a watchful pair of hawk eyes over my every single doing. In fact, I was still able to get into some mischief unbeknownst to mum.

There are a lot of mothers who don't even have time for their children to let alone know what's going on with their children in school. I'm glad that mum was always there. I definitely owe a large part of who I am today to mum being with me in school from 7am to 1pm and being at home with me from 1pm onwards.

Guess I can say I'm a MAMA's BOY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUM!

3 comments:

TriStupe said...

i won't mess with a lady that can feed a kangaroo.
:)

Happy Birthday auntie!

Kevin Siah said...

Hahhah, thank you on her behalf...

galnexdor said...

haha trust me stupe, u wont mess with her not just because she can feed a kangaroo...