Sunday 8 January 2012

Week 1

*Newton Run photo credit - Rozmi Yunus*

So it's been a week since I got back to Perth. It didn't take long to get into the routine of things - work, training, house chores etc. I've started my first week of training from Bill, I have exactly 22 weeks including this one, to Cairns.

This first week was... okay. I swam with the UWA masters squad twice, they had a new coach and her program was rather interesting. Lots of walking in the pool in between sets as active recovery. I felt good for the 90 minute ride in King's Park on Friday. But come Saturday, I didn't have much strength to fight the westerly winds on Mounts Bay road towards the end stages of my 2.5 hour ride.

Sunday morning's 60 hour run started off well at about 4:20 per km pace. But that only lasted until halfway and I dropped to 4:30, averaging 4:25 overall. I guess I haven't fully recovered yet, both from the Ironman and Newton run last weekend. However, despite not being able to give my 100% in terms of speed for this week's training, I'm pretty happy with how I pulled up. Looking forward to the weeks to come.

No comments: