Monday 16 January 2012

Hot stuff

Li-Ann and I watched Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows last night. We met friends of hers in the cinema, who coincidentally were seated next to us. It was the first time I was introduced as Li-Ann’s husband. Something to get used to, but I’m sure soon it would not feel so awkward anymore. The movie itself was entertaining, though I find the first one more mysterious. We also felt that they overdid the slow-mo action sequences. But still a fun movie to watch, no regrets!


The past week was a bit of a scorcher. Temperatures were around the mid 30s, not the hottest Perth has seen but hot enough to make you sweat buckets. I haven’t had any afternoon sessions under the sun during the week but I was out there for riding on both Saturday and Sunday. Coach Bill has up the ante for my cycling in this training program. I’m riding 4-5 times a week and my bike now sleeps in the car. Sunday’s ride incorporated some mini sets with the big crank. I’ve always been a spinner on the bike due to low power output and my small built, but I’m glad to have a feel of riding with the heavy gear. I think I can get used to pushing the big gears from time to time and hopefully, it will translate to quicker bike splits in races to come.

No comments: