Wednesday 2 December 2009

Summary

A quick sum up of past few days of happenings before they get stale.

Weekend was filled, both with activities and for my stomach. We drove down to Margaret River, stayed in a very nice lodge, Marmalade Lodge. There were 4 rooms with double and queen size beds, comfortable sofas in the living room with a fireplace, a fully functional kitchen. Fitted 10 of us comfortably.

We visited many wineries. Ate lots. Good thing I did my bike ride before the trip (under 2:45 for my 80km ride - a training PB!) and did a 72 minute run on one of the mornings. Wasn't sure of the distance. 80% of it were trail and sand.

We came back on Monday. On Tuesday night, I attended a triathlon night at Avanti Plus in Cannington, a new bike shop which opened on the weekend. Jason Shortis was there to give a talk. Funny fellow. His talk was inspiring with quite a bit of humour. He's competing in Ironman WA this weekend.

I also tested out the Shimano Dura Ace Di2 on road bike setup. The shifting is really smooth, but it feels a bit too mechanical for me, with wires and battery packs all sticking out. Maybe it wasn't done tidily for the demo.

Besides shifting and unpacking stuff for our new home, we're also moving offices next Monday. So looks like I still have some unpacking and moving to do.

No comments: