Monday 7 December 2009

Back...

Here's one of the many pictures taken in Margaret River the weekend before.

Would post up more if I get the chance to get hold on more pictures. Li-Ann and I brought our camera down but didn't manage to use it.

On the Saturday just passed, we went for my workplace social club Christmas function. Wine tasting tour in Swan Valley. We had tastings at four wineries, one brewery, chocolate factory and lunch at Jane Brook Estates. Yes, we were pretty tipsy at the end of it. But it was great fun. And Li-Ann won herself a lucky draw prize - dessert wine from Sandalford!

Again, would post up some pictures if I get hold of them. Yeah, we didn't bring our camera again. This new camera of ours isn't getting used much!

After a boozy Saturday, I decided to do my first 120km bike ride for the season. Yes, it is about time that I started my Ironman training. Was pretty happy with the effort. Although I did go through some rough patches and was tempted to give up on several occassions. The sun was scorching (although not as bad as the day before, my hats off to those who competed in the heat in Ironman WA). I had to take a 5 minute break under the trees.

Finished the ride in 4 hours 14 minutes (average 28.45kph), my best ever training effort for that distance. I was averaging just above 28.5kph until the end and just missed it by about 1 minute.

At work, we just moved into the new office. Been packing most of last week. I'm working in an open space now. Less opportunities to blog surf and check out triathlon related sites, hehheh.

No comments: