Saturday 3 February 2007

No turning back

Well, the much awaited race is finally here... City of Perth Olympic Distance Triathlon. 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run. Target: 2 hours 30 minutes. Previous (and only) best: 2 hours 39 minutes. 9 minutes... seem a lot to me. I have to cut 4-5 minutes each on my bike and run, as I know I can't improve any further on my 1 and half minutes per 100m pace for my swim. Maybe I should just settle for 2 hours 35 minutes. But I have a new trisuit for transition and new tribars for my bike now. See how lah...


Gee... a lot of people sure like the name Scott...


Had my swim session this morning. I'm one of those who don't believe in doing absolutely NOTHING on the day before the race (I think that I would become soft by doing so). I felt pretty strong this morning, was able to push myself to do some quick times... yeah, I should be taking it easy though. Anway, it's good for morale.


Collected my race number in the afternoon. Lucky 52, do y0ur charm! (and I don't mind winning some lucky draw prizes either... I have the tendency to do that... okay, better not jinx it!)




Finally... a race in perth that gives you a FREE t-shirt!... and as usual, some other freebies and discount vouchers that I probably won't use.







What I would be wearing
throughout the race...






What I would be struggling on for more than half of the race...
Bike... my least favourite...bleeargh!






What would be helping me stay in the race...
Thanks to my sis!







What would be helping me get to the finish line...! Love you, dear...

City of Perth OD Tri tomorrow... I'm pooped... gonna nap...

No comments: