Wednesday 14 July 2010

Snooze

I have to say, that as a triathlete, I can be quite pampered. I favour training in nice weather, with no rain or strong winds. I'm not one who likes to suffer.

And one thing which I enjoy so much about training on my own, is being able to sleep in and train only after sun rise. Most of the triathlon squads here start their morning sessions no later than 6am, some even starting at 5am! I am really grateful for having flexible work hours - on days when I do my running, I start work at 9.30am but I start work earlier on other days to compensate for this.

So yes, you get the idea. I HIGHLY value my sleep! If I don't get enough sleep, I feel tired and I don't feel like training. I guess that is also mainly because I put pressure on myself to nail every session.

The Ironman WA race schedule is out. And it seems like the start time for the age grouper race is 5.45am, one hour earlier than last year, TWO HOURS earlier than Ironman Langkawi!

I usually take an hour to get ready before leaving for the race site and I normally aim to be there at least 30 minutes before start time. This means I would need to be up latest by 4.15am! And to give myself my usual 8 hours night's sleep, this means I need to be in bed by 8.15pm! Pretty unlikely!

Looks like I need to nap a lot during the day before to ensure I have enough rest.

No comments: