Saturday 22 May 2010

Reminiscing PD Triathlon

Part of my racing plan for this year was do a triathlon race middle of the year. A half Ironman distance would be ideal, but it seems that Putrajaya 70.3 would not be happening and Cobra 70.3 in Phillipines was a bit too pricey and inconvenient (I would have to fly from Perth to KL, KL to Manila, Manila to Naga). I could have gone for Capricorn Half Ironman in Queensland but for the same price in flights, I might as well fly home and race with familiar faces.

So there you go. I'm flying home for a weekend trip to take part in Port Dickson Triathlon. I booked my flights with MAS this time. It wasn't that cheap but Air Asia was selling at about the same price, so I'd thought I pamper myself a bit this time.

PD Triathlon had always brought back memories. It was my first Olympic Distance triathlon, did it back in 2004.

Being a novice, I did the swim leg in my swimming trunks and fumbled my way through to put on bike pants and running vest in the transition. I remembered the bike and run portions of the race took forever. My bike at that time was my faithful Giant OCR3. I completed the race in 2 hour 39 minutes. Dad and sis did the run legs for Uncle Peter's P2K relay teams.

Going back to the same race 6 years later is indeed pretty special. No doubt the race course will be slightly different. But I hope to improve quite a bit. Better start working on my fast twitch muscles!

4 comments:

yipwt said...

wow..that's a long time ago...see you there!

Kevin Siah said...

See you there Yip! I just paid for my entry :)

reitak said...

Oh ya...PD (or A-formosa) seems to be everyone's first!

have a good race...won't be there this yr!

Kevin Siah said...

Haha Reita, ya although A Famosa has not been in the calendar for a while.

Thanks for the wish. When will I actually see you back in the scene? Hehheh.