Monday 15 March 2010

Zoom zoom

A quick update on the last few days of happenings.

Wednesday night, our SLB gang met up with Law and Ee Wen for dinner, who were from UWA. Ee Wen is returning to Perth for a couple of years for work.

We then had a simple cake cutting to celebrate Li-Ann's birthday in advance. I was pretty happy that she was surprised by it all.

Friday morning, I was on an early morning flight back to Malaysia. My high school classmate's wedding dinner was on Saturday night and I was the emcee.

Saturday afternoon, I caught up with Keat Seong, Jennifer, Frank, Yip and his brother, for lunch at Jaya One. We visited Athlete's Circle after that, and I gave in to temptation and bought myself a new tri suit. Orca 226 endurance suit at 35% off, and it matches my bike too. I couldn't refuse. Thanks Keat Seong for the loan while I didn't have cash with me at that time!

The wedding dinner was great. Caught up with many high school friends and high school teachers too. Here's to wishing Kenneth and Jaclyn a very blissful marriage. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to emcee your wedding, and I apologize if there were some unplanned confusion during the evening!

Sunday morning, I did the Bareno 15km run at Bukit Jalil. Joining me was my dad and brother. Mum and my uncle were meant to come, but mum came down with some food poisoning and my uncle had late flight from Medan the night before.

I finished the run in 1 hour 11 minutes. I thought I had it in me to do between 1:05 to 1:07, but after the first few kms, I felt my breathing was pretty heavy. So I decided to slow the pace to ensure that I actually complete the distance. I guess it still takes a while to recover after an Ironman.

I caught the night flight on Sunday, and here I am now, back in Perth. Li-Ann's parents are coming for the week for her brother's convo. In a way, I'm glad it is off season, so I don't have to worry too much my training plans conflicting with our eating out plans. Then again, some regular training could help burn off those extra calories, hehheh.

No comments: