Monday 13 April 2009

Happy easter!

Yes, over here in the land Down Under, we get a 4-day weekend! :P And it also means more opportunity to log in those additional miles for us triathletes.

FRIDAY

10km run in 43:17 (average 4:20 per km). There were some strong winds, it has been pretty windy these few days.

Night time, we visited Aunty Seelah, a family friend of Li-Ann's. Had some delicious Vietnamese spring rolls and fried noodles.

SATURDAY

Partly to celebrate darling's house offer being accepted. Yes, I would be paying rent to her when we move in together.

We had a walk at Cottesloe Beach to watch the sunset, followed by dinner at Mille Cafe in Inglewood. I was really happy with my peppercorn steak and darling was too, with her tortellini.

The dessert was a slight disappointment though. The mascarpone cheesecake was a sizable portion but the biscuit base was slightly bland. In Li-Ann's words... I can make better lah!

With all these food in the stomach, good thing I did some strength exercises in the morning, followed by a 1 hour 3.7km swim of various sets at midday. Although on hindsight, I should have gone outdoors and done some cycling or running, as the weather was looking really fine - clear skies with some light breeze.

SUNDAY

Did a brick 80km ride, followed by 6km run. The winds started picking up again, just my luck! Completed the 80.87km ride in 2:49.28 (average 28.6kph) with no punctures! Thanks, Yip for the tip. I checked my front tyre and I found a tiny piece of glass caught in it. I should have done that in the first place, and saved me a few spare tubes!

I did the 6km run after in some pretty tired legs. The sun was blazing, the winds were gushing. Couldn't even keep it under 27 minutes. Finished in 27:23 (average 4:34 per km)

Had a karaoke session with SLBs at this new place, Dragon Palace in Northbridge. There weren't many choices for English songs, hence, me being a bananaman, seemed pretty lost.

A night of fun and games at the Pui sisters'. We SLBs took part in Mariokart championship! I'll say it once again, then I don't do too well in video games. Li-Ann made it to the second round though. Well done, darling! Kudos to Jer Sie for the immaculate organization.

MONDAY

Finally received a manual entry form for the Busselton Half Ironman (before this, we could only register online). I hope this means I'm confirmed as a participant once I hand the form in. Still keeping my fingers crossed very tightly!

Did a 20km run this morning, was keen to redeem myself after yesterday's below average run. But the weather had other plans, fresh and gusty winds made my efforts seem somewhat frugal. Ran the first 10km in 44:52 and the second 10km in 46:12, finishing the total 20km distance in 1:31.04 (average 4:34 per km). Hmm, not too bad I guess.

2 comments:

Li-Ann said...

actually it was a pastry base, which was why it was not so nice, cos they didnt bake it long enough....

Kevin Siah said...

Oops, my bad hahhah. My darling, the cake master!