Monday 2 June 2008

Artsy, fartsy, buttsy

Last Friday, Marc had his birthday celebration at MINQ Bar, Burswood. Really classy place. Thanks, Marc for the invite! Darling and I had a try of the Don Esquale' cocktail... interesting taste... a bit strong though.

This weekend is a long weekend, with Monday off... Foundation Day.

We attended another birthday dinner... Soo May's (my uni course mate... one of my first few friends in Perth) at the newly opened Tony Roma's. Li-Ann and myself ordered the Family Feast.

Really had our stomachs filled. Although... on hindsight, we should have ordered something with more pork ribs and less BBQ chicken.

Saturday night... I went for my VERY FIRST ballet performance! The Taming of the Shrew... at His Majesty's Theatre... thanks to my Entertainment Book voucher of getting two tickets for the price of one.

For the unfamiliar, the 90s hit teen movie, 10 Things I Hate About You was based on this story.

I actually didn't know that a ballet performance had no dialogue. Good thing I asked for the program booklet which gave a brief description of each scene. I found it a bit awkward at first as it was so quiet and the music wasn't very loud, so you could hear their feet landing and sliding across the stage. But I was pretty entertained. It is a comedy and the performers managed to throw in some slapstick humour together with their pirouettes and fouttes. Not an easy combination.

Li-Ann felt the dancing wasn't as beautiful as Swan Lake... but it is a comedy, so the movements were more comical rather than elegant. I, on the other hand, thought that if it weren't for their funny antics, I would have fallen asleep... as I can't really appreciate the intricacies of their dance.

One thing though... the sight of men dancing in cream coloured tights... snugly wrapped around their thighs and buttocks... VERY disturbing. Dark coloured running tights, I can handle. This... would give me some nightmares...

2 comments:

yipwt said...

hi kev,

Now I realized galnexdor is your sis. Anyway...thanks. Seems like you are one heck of a triathlete. Can really get some tips from you.

Kevin Siah said...

Hahhah nolah, still lots of things that I need to learn. But ya, looking forward to doing some long rides with you and both Rays when I return for Christmas break to train up for Langkawi.