Monday, 10 June 2013

Week 7

Another foodie picture just to start off this post. This was taken at Dawghouse Pub, a quaint little place like those Texan bars you see in the movies. The marmaduke burger - 12oz beef patty, bacon, fried onion rings, lettuce and tomato. Only things missing are egg and cheese! After this week's workout, I think I deserved this monster :)

This week's training wasn't too bad actually. I had two full days off - one was planned, the other because it rained so I postponed the afternoon run to the next day. So Monday was an off day. Tuesday was an afternoon 3 hour ride to Lakeside and back. I'm glad I was able to push myself despite the strong headwinds and crosswinds in some sections. I averaged 31.7kph, which is my best outdoor ride in London so far.

Wednesday was the Splash N Dash in the afternoon at Lake Whittaker - 1600m swim 5.2km run. It didn't hurt as much this time. Both my swim and run were quicker than last week, but I fumbled a bit in transition as my wetsuit sleeve got stuck in my watch. So overall, only a 10 second improvement. Thursday I had an hour and 15 minutes run scheduled in the afternoon but as it rained, so I postponed it to the next day.

Friday was the only day I had to wake up at 6am - I sleep in until 7am the other days. I had a morning 3.5km swim session. In the afternoon I ran two loops from Western campus from Western Rd to Oxford St, coming back on Richmond St. I did 16.7km averaging 4:29 per km, which was a bit quicker than I planned, so that was good.

Saturday we had a Megaday session, starting with a short swim in Lake Whittaker. Then we went for a ride towards Port Stanley. Matt and I were the only ones that day who are training for Ironman, so after the rest went back, we did hill repeats in a small town called Sparta. After close to 5.5 hours and 150kms, we returned to Lake Whittaker and did a 30 minute or 6km run off the bike. Workouts here tend to start later and by the time we were done, it was already past 4pm.

Sunday I slept in until 8am and Skyped with my parents and siblings before heading out for a swim. The Western pool was closed for a competition so I swam at the Stoneycreek YMCA. It was a long set - 2km swim, 1.5km pull buoy, easy 200m. Did it in a 25m pool so there were many turns! The pacer clock was pretty difficult to read and I didn't set a timer so I was just reading it off the clock function on my watch. In the afternoon I ran for 2 hours 15 minutes with some tempo work. Clocked 29.3km - which was 400m more than last week. I was happy but I was pretty drained by the end of it.

This coming weekend I'm taking part in the Guelph Lake Olympic Distance triathlon. I don't do Oly distance often and my personal best of 2:19 was close to 3 years ago in Port Dickson, Malaysia. So I aim to do better this time. Also, I hope not to get beaten by my coach, who's competing in the Women 55-59 category! Wish me luck!

No comments: