Monday 14 January 2013

Another week...

Another week into the new year, and another week closer to my departure from Perth. This week started with a Jacobs Ladder workout in King's Park with the boys - Sam and Dennis. Down and up the 242 steps plus running a circuit of the steep hill on Mount St, 5 times through. That workout left me handicapped for most of the week. I was limping when I walked and I had to skip all the run sessions that I planned for. I was still able to ride and swim though.

Papparazzi Dennis Tan took this picture
Saturday I did the second sprint tri simulation test as part of Sam's study. My right quad was still feeling a bit tight. It affected my bike time but not my run time, which was a bit weird. One last session next week. In the afternoon, we planned to watch the TV coverage of Ironman Western Australia 2012 but midway through, the power supply went off. It didn't go off completely but it seemed to be really low on power. The stand fan was turning slower and slower and the TV kept flickering on and off, as though the power was generated by someone running on a treadmill! In the end, the power only came back on just 15 minutes after the show finished!

Sunday I did a ride in the hills this time. My usual route of Mundaring Weir via Darlington and John Forrest National Park. The winds were blowing from the east, so it was a bit tough going into the hills but I had a nice tailwind coming back. I'm glad I completed the ride in well under 3 hours, which is similar to the times during my peak. The overcast weather helped too.

I managed to sell some more furniture from the house. I now have to bend down while eating my meals off the coffee table and try not to spill food all over my laptop. I've pretty much closed the deal on selling one of the cars, just waiting for the cheque. The other car, I'm still meeting interested buyers, which is also a good thing, as this means I still have a car to drive around for the time being.

No comments: