Sunday 20 September 2009

Finally, brick... well, sort of...

Thank you all, for the encouraging responses to my last post. It seems that we do triathlons for many different reasons, but the common thing we share is... we keep on doing it :)

Here's to wishing all my Muslim friends Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri... and non-Muslim friends back home, happy holidays! Drive safely. There isn't much of a festive season here in Perth, not even a holiday. But I'm looking forward to my friend Natasha's open house next Saturday :D

Li-Ann's dad is here visiting for the weekend. But I'm lucky enough that I'm still able to clock in some weekend warrior training. Which is even more essential, when we're eating out every night, stuffing ourselves with luxurious food... need to burn those excess calories!

The weather is getting slightly better. Less rain, less windy. Managed to do 81.49km ride yesterday in 2:50.10 (average 28.7kph). Was planning to do a 6km brick run after, but the skies poured on me in the last 5 minutes of my ride, leaving me with very soaked gear and a dirty bike to clean.

Hence, this morning's spin session on my indoor trainer, followed by a run after. I must say, despite doing triathlons for so long, I REALLY dislike sweating indoors. If it's one thing that will make me cut short my spinning session, it's the discomfort of sweating... not so much the boredom.

Anyway, I made it through the 30 minutes I planned for, and the 6km run after wasn't too bad - 26:14 (average 4:22 per km). Maybe it will be a totally different story if I was running the same distance after an 80km ride. We'll find out next week...

No comments: