Sunday 24 August 2008

On track

I apologize that lately my posts have been nothing but my triathlon training progress, but with only just over 6 months from Langkawi, I can't help it!

I've finally lowered my 10km run to 42:40 (average 4:16 per km), my fastest so far since recovering from the marathon.

And this morning's bike ride... I knew I was doing a good ride, the weather was fine, not too windy... I was aiming to improve on last week's training PB of 27.8kph average to clock somewhere above 28kph average... BUT I was ecstatic when I did 80.84km in 2:50.08 (28.5kph average)!

Although, I am noticing more and more mysterious scratch marks appearing on Ah Rui's body. Could be due to the stones hitting it as I ride past. Sigh... can't be helped...

Somehow, the pain in my left achilles has shifted to my right one. My physio highly recommends that I see a podiatrist for my VERY flat feet (or in his words, PANCAKE feet). I have been putting off seeing a podiatrist for very long now. Didn't want to incur the costs, also didn't want to add extra weight from the orthotics to my running shoes.

But I think I really should get my feet checked... if I really want to be doing triathlons for the rest of my life. Maybe I would just use the orthotics for my training shoes, and not have them in my racing shoes.

Okay, I'll set an appointment with Peak Podiatry in the coming weekends.

No comments: