Sunday 12 August 2007

DOH!

You guessed it... I went to watch The Simpsons Movie yesterday with Li-Ann and her brother.

I actually found the movie pretty good... it was really funny...

Unforgettable phrases: "Spiderpig"... "Boob lady"...

Hahhah...

Although after speaking with some die-hard Simpsons fan who were a bit disappointed with the movie... yeah, I guess there were some things that were missing. Like how in our Simpsons tv episodes, the plot builts from one totally unrelated scene to another. In the movie, it went straight into the plot.

But nevertheless... the movie was entertaining. Although it IS just a cartoon... with no 3D special effects... so some might say, that might as well watch on DVD or download (not legally of course) off the internet...

I met up with Chow Hoong, my friend from high school, for coffee. He's here with Accenture Malaysia for two months working on a Shell project. I invited Fadli and Murali along too. We met at King Street cafe. It was nice catching up with old friends... talking about our lives back home... laughing away.

My training has been a lot better this week. Still not at its best... but progressing steadily.

Wednesday 8.5km run... 37.45 (average 4:27 per km)
Saturday 17km run... 1:18.34 (average 4:37 per km)

Even the swimming has gotten better... I was able to do 5 x 200m on 3 minutes on Tuesday and 10 x 100m on 1:30 on Thursday without too much difficulty.

And spinning too! I clocked above 25kms for BOTH my 45 minute sessions in the gym this morning. And the weights didn't hurt half as much as last week...

Yeah, everything is falling into place...

Oh... and to top it off... kudos to my lil' sis for doing a sub 2 hour half marathon this morning. That's a 13 minute PB! She's one secret weapon man... never see her train also... :P

4 comments:

galnexdor said...

hahahaha....double latte power gel. read: 2 x caffeine!

Kevin Siah said...

Okaylah... I'll try it in my next race... hahhah...

fluffybeauty said...

aik? Chow Hoong's in Perth now? Wow I'm that bad at keeping in touch! Very bad. ;P

Kevin Siah said...

Ya he'll be here for another two weeks. His girlfriend is here for visit now I think...