Tuesday 31 July 2007

Amah... R.I.P.

My amah passed away peacefully on Sunday morning. Our family were in Raub until the funeral which was carried out this afternoon. I would be returning to Perth tomorrow morning.

Amah had always been a cheerful person. I would miss her chicken soup and meatballs that I have already missed for the past few Chinese New Years. I still remember how she always gave myself and my sister pocket money before we leave Raub to go home after visiting my ah kong and her. Because Karen and I were much older than our other cousins (the rest were mostly toddlers during that time), she always asked us to keep it a secret... the pocket money were specially for us ONLY...

Amah... I would miss you dearly... may you rest in peace...

6 comments:

C-CUBE said...

My condolences to ur family and may ur amah rest in peace. AMITABHA.

TriStupe said...

My Condolences to your family.

May her soul rest in peace.

I now know why you and Ren did not show up for the race.

Anonymous said...

My condolences to your family.

Kevin Siah said...

Thanks people for the well wishes... my amah didn't suffer much. She departed peacefully in her sleep.

bola2api said...

condolences to you and family.

amah is grandmother, no?

Patricia said...

my condolences to u and your family. im sure she'd be proud of u all. =)