Friday 6 November 2015

Felt IA

Some of you would have known that I crashed my Boardman TTE at the Bukit Merah 113 triathlon about 9 weeks ago. Whilst having another identical frame replaced would be nice, it wasn't going to arrive in time for Ironman Malaysia. Still, I'd like to thank H2C bike shop for their dedicated support all this while. I decided to seek a new bike for myself (thank goodness for bike insurance!) in Brisbane. I went to Avantiplus in Fortitude Valley which stocked some nice Felt IAs. I rode Felt bikes for my second and third tri bike (the first one was an alloy Quintana Roo Kilo) and been really happy with the experience.

Apart from the Dura Ace Di2 build IA2, there weren't any other frames in stock that suited me. So they ordered an IA1 frame kit and I spec-ed it with Ultegra Di2 build, with my existing Power2Max crank and Caden carbon wheels. The end result? Very stealthy looking weapon, I call it the F Bomber! Hahaha.

I needed 45mm spacers for the aerobars for the perfect fit
House brand Zero for the saddle to keep the costs low

I've had this bike for about just over 8 weeks now and it feels great. Unlike the previous Felt DA models, this bike is narrower, so I'm positioned closer to the handlebars. Being a relatively tall frame, I went down a size to 48cm frame, I feel like a midget! With the wide tubes, the frame is tad bit heavier than most frames but it acts like sail once you get it moving.

Can't wait to put this to the test on race day next weekend!

No comments: