Monday 26 October 2015

Final few weeks


It's been ages since I've posted anything about my training. Ironman Malaysia, Langkawi is less than 3 weeks away and I'm just glad to have made it through. I'll be toeing the start line of what I hope for my 9th Ironman finish and it sure doesn't get any easier.

I've been satisfied with my overall training build. Sure I've missed a few key sessions here and there, mainly due to the misfortune of flat tires. But generally, I'm much better prepared and I'm in much better shape than I was for Ironman Australia, Port Macquarie back in May. I've gotten in a few more long rides and long runs than I did while preparing for Ironman Australia.

With only two proper training weeks left (race week doesn't count!), the key is not to overdo things and focus on keeping the sessions short and sharp. There is a bit of a black cloud of uncertainty (excuse my pun) with the hazy weather in Malaysia and how this would impact the race. But it's beyond my control and I can only make sure I'm fit and healthy at the start line if the race would run as planned.

Recent readings look favourable, so let's keep our fingers crossed and think positive thoughts!

No comments: