Monday 10 February 2014

My best man

When Li-Ann and I got married just over a year and a half ago (boy, time sure flies!), I did not actually have a best man at our wedding. I had my band of hengdais but being a Libran, I did not pick a favourite.

Well, this blog post is about my best man. The best man in my life. This is very different from a best man at someone`s wedding. And I can`t stress that enough... as very often the best man at wedding is one who makes inappropriate jokes about groom (and sometimes the bride) in an inebriated state.

The best man in my life is none other than... my dad. My dad celebrates his 59th birthday today - just a year shy from the golden 60. But it seems that my dad is a bit like Benjamin Button and appears to be aging backwards. He recently hacked 13 minutes off his PB at the Newton 25km run about 2 months ago.
Dad with his signature HANDS UP pose at the Newton 25km Run. Photo credit: Chan WK
And judging from his fashion sense... I guess my wife can`t complain anymore about me dressing as though I'm in my teens!
Mum and dad in their matching Paul Frank t-shirts
There are many of my matters which I leave to dad to take care for at home like my life insurance, income tax returns etc. Dad is also a very handy person. When things need fixing around the house, dad always know what to do. Sometimes I take these things for granted. And I do not realise it until we need to get something even as simple as drilling a hole to put a picture frame up. In fact, Li-Ann is a lot better than I am!

Happy birthday dad! And just wanted to say thank you for everything you have done for me... and still doing for me. Missing you lots and I hope to be home more often in the future to be celebrating your future birthdays with you in person. 

No comments: