Sunday 27 March 2011

Solemn news

A week has passed since Singapore Ironman 70.3. During the week, I did one swim session, a morning spin on the trainer and one strength workout. On Saturday I did an 80km ride in pretty windy conditions, was happy that I was able to average 29.0kph. There was quite a lot of cyclists traffic and some stretches of roadworks along the shared path along the freeway. Thankfully, no one got hurt.

Back home in Malaysia however, someone wasn't so lucky. A cyclist was riding on Maju Expressway (MEX) on his own, in a bid to catch up with the main group that left earlier. He was fatally hit from behind by a swerving car.

Mr Yeoh PK, I have not met you and I do not know you. But I I pray that you rest in peace. My condolences to your family and I wish them the strength in this difficult time.

No comments: