Saturday 2 June 2007

Winter woes...

My preparation for the Perth Marathon suffered a few scares these few days. First, I had a sore ankle. Don't know how I got it. It actually started on the Monday that I took a day's rest because it rained. Now, how can NOT running give you a sore ankle? It was the other ankle too... not the one that I sprained last August. Could be due to stiffness caused by cold weather. Anyway... thankfully, the soreness went away soon enough.

Then, yesterday I had a phlegmy throat. Also got it out of nowhere! It just happened after we had a planning meeting for my client assignment next week (I have 3 client assignments back to back for the next 3 weeks!). Maybe I'm just SLIGHTLY stressed (and I emphasize SLIGHTLY... because I don't like to admit that I'm stressed... hehheh)... which somehow affected my health.

Well... the phlegmy throat built up to a runny nose and occassional cough. Me being stubborn... went for a swim this morning. That could have made it worse. Li-Ann bought all sorts of herbal drinks, juices and even made me fed me more nutritious food... so that I would get well soon. Thanks darling... she pampered me for the whole of this morning... served me lunch while I was snuggling under the blanket... Love you!

Anyway... stubborn me doesn't like to admit that I'm sick (another thing I don't like hahhah)... so I went for my 17km run this evening. Went pretty fast for the 1st 8.5km... 39:05.10 (average 4:36 per km)... but my body somehow weakened before the 2nd 8.5km... 41:44.00 (average 4:53 per km)... Overall average 4:45 per km... I supposed the timing's not too bad... but I guess I should rest if I want to get well soon...

Well... see how lah... (YES, I'm stubborn!)

Anyway, last night... darling and I went out for dinner at Marrakech, a Morrocan restaurant in Subiaco. She had been working on assignments the past few days. Since she handed them in yesterday... a dinner out would be a good break. Also, yesterday was the last day to use my Entertainment Book, which gives all sorts of good deals for eating out. I have the new one for the 2007/2008 year already... can't wait to use it!

The verdict on the food... I wouldn't say it's not tasty but I expected it to be more... authentic. My lamb tajine seemed very similar to sup kambing and Li-Ann's lamb couscous tasted like mutton curry. The desert were quite exotic though... VERY sweet. There was belly dancing partway through our dinner... sorry guys, no photos of a 45% naked woman... she was probably in her middle age anyway...

No matter how tired I am from my sleepless nights doing assignments... I MUST try to smile...

Sup kambing!


WARNING... contains EXTREMELY high sugar levels

2 comments:

galnexdor said...

haha but winter's so niceeee!

wish li-ann all the best for her finals...=)

Kevin Siah said...

It's a lot harder to go for a run in the morning when it's still dark outside and below 8 degrees. Will wish Li-Ann... her honours thesis would take up the bulk of the final mark, the exams a smaller component.