Sunday 26 August 2012

Two weeks

Some miscellaneous updates for these two weeks. Li-Ann's dad and her sister came to visit last weekend. We visited the Swan Valley region and went to the Perth hills the day after. It was also my first time having a meal at Le Croissant at Kalamunda. We took a hike to the Lesmurdie Falls walk trail - such a hidden treasure! Well, not exactly. There were plenty of other visitors but we just did not know about it all this while.

It has been a week since Eid al-Fitr, or Hari Raya as we call it in Malaysia. We were invited to our friend's open house where we had plenty of delicious Malay traditional food - rendang, curry, satay, laksa and all sorts of cookies. Thanks for the invite,
Fozz and Tasha! I'm so stuffed now hehe.

My training load has started increasing with the long rides reaching the 4 hour mark. I rode with the BYL group yesterday down the Freeway bike path, we took turns leading every 5-10 minutes. A fast average speed of 33.5kph after the halfway point, unfortunately I couldn't keep up with the pace after 3 hours and got dropped. Had to ride the last one hour on my own and my average speed dropped closer to 32kph. This morning, while most of Perth's athletic community were out running the City to Surf, I did a 2 hour ride of laps by the coast start from Sorrento and turning back at Burns Beach. Well done to everyone who ran this morning, the conditions were perfect and we saw many personal bests and fast times!

The weather is starting to warm up with bright sunshine during the day, which is good for my preparations for the Desaru 116 triathlon in less than 4 weeks' time. The mornings can still be a bit cold but I think that will soon come to an end.

No comments: