Wednesday 26 August 2009

Let's run!

While my cycling has yet to settle down (I'm having faith that things will settle down this weekend), my running has been delivering some pleasing results, despite the inconsistent mileage (only one 10km run last week).

This morning's 10km effort saw me clocking a satisfying 42:04. I must admit I was pushing pretty hard to see how fast I could go. Also, my lightweight Saucony Fastwitch 3 and the fine weather helped too.

This puts me in a slight dilemma for this Sunday's City to Surf 12km run. My initial plan was to do the half marathon distance but that got shelved after my recovery time from Perth Marathon and Desaru triathlon took longer than expected.

Then a few of my friends are doing the 12km as their first road race, so I'm really keen to support. The plan after that was to just have a fun run (without taper, as I intend to try another 80km bike ride with my new bike the day before) and clock a reasonable time as I felt I was nowhere near last year's speed.

But after this morning's swift run, should I have a crack at bettering last year's time of 50:25?

Yeah, hardly seemed like a dilemma at all, really. But I like to stress my head out over these things, hehheh.

Oh, Li-Ann is also doing the run for charity. So feel free to visit her site here, and if you have some spare cash to donate, all the more merrier!

No comments: